20 April, 2015

REVIEW: HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush #1
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
add to goodreads

PLOT SUMMARY: Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.




I think I have known about this book and series since first Hush, Hush book came out. The reason I did not read it up till now was actually really simple - I have heard really bad opinions about it. So it was only after I bought the series on bargain price it made to my TBR top and well, boy of boy off I went!



I know that despite the first terrible opinion I heard towards this book people been saying to me really good things about it lately. Tho, I personally do not dare to call myself a real fan of it. Now you shall ask me why? 

MINUS 1: Well first thing is the lack of logic...I mean I understand it is a book about falling angels and I should not look for much logic in that but come on...there were just some things that just made me roll my eyes, like why would school psychologist take a role of parent and forbid a student to see other student? Or police come to the house and literally interrogate the teenager? How, please tell me, I am supposed to look at it as normal acceptable thing?

MINUS 2: Another thing I really did not like was the names. I just cannot grasp in my head why the author would choose to name her main characters Patch and Vee, I know I know Patch is a nickname but still... why? Just why???

CHARACTERS: I did not like Nora or Patch. I did hate Vee. The reason I did not like Nora was really because of her simply being little bit stupid and slow in my opinion...when I think of her I see Bella from Twilight and I am a rock hard anti-Bella fan. I am sorry if you, reader, like the Twilight series or Nora herself, I ask you not to take it personally and respect my opinion as it is purely mine and our all tastes differ. 

When it comes to Patch, he is an okay guy I think. I actually think he was not presented deep enough, it was just too much of brushing the surface for me. But, on the other hand, I am looking forward to getting to know him better in following books of the series.

Now when it comes to Vee....I just have no words. She was one character I really was just purely hating. Every time she came up in the book I was counting seconds till she stops talking. I mean, if I think Nora is bit stupid then I have no, and I mean absolutely no words when it comes to Vee.

OVERALL: I know so far my review sounds like I am going to give 1/5 starts to the book. Well, I have to insist it is not going to happen. Despite the lack of logic, rather annoying characters and well not so unique story to me...yes, I am about to say it -  I am going to read the next book of the Hush, Hush series! Not tommorow, maybe not even next month but I will! Pinky promise!





2 comments:

  1. Lol!! I didn't like this series much. It was kind of a disaster. That didn't stop me from reading all the books, though. I guess there had to be something I liked about it. I just can't point my finger on what it is. (:


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I don't like but I just know I'm going to read the rest! :D

      Delete