07 May, 2015

REVIEW: CINDER by Marissa Meyer

Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Lunar Chronicles #1
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Publisher: Puffin Books
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 390

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.




So I have seen so many people being in love with this book! But for me the whole retelling of fairytale somehow sounded blaaah. Like this TV Show Once Upon a Time or something like that. I really don't like fairytale, I just don't. But when so many people were talking about it I was like...okay let's seen what is all the fuss about.


OMG, guys! This book was sooooo good! I loved it so so much! But yes, alright, let's start from the beginning.

The book is about this cyborg Cinder who is in a way our Cinderella. There is of course a prince and evil stepmother...there is also sorta an evil witch and similar things that we find in Cinderella fairytale. But that is about it. The world in this book is set in the city which was formed after World War IV and currently is dawning in plague. There is of course no cure. Plus the Luna which is a race of creatures living on the moon who can manipulate your mind is threatening Earth with war. It is just so good guys, so good!

PLUS: Everything. The way characters are created, the building of the world...the plot itself. It is crazy and awesome at the same time! And queen Levana...so so scary!

MINUS: It is short. I finished the book in like two days and ordered the next one straight away. This book when you read it leaves you just crawling for more.

Okay so I know I haven't really said much except that it is good. The reason really is that I really do not want to spoil anything for you, guys. So I will leave this to be a short review with one and only message for you to take home - read this book if you haven't yet. Read it NOW!!!




7 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it! I have to read this book as a challenge and I am so excited! Have the all 3 books so far and just need to pick them up! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gonna love it! It is so amazing! And I am so jealous I'm still missing Cress :(

      Delete
  2. I CANNOT WAIT FOR WINTER!! WHY DOES TIME EXIST?!
    Glad to see you liked it! Queen Levana and scary, but cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I am actually happy I have two more books till I have to wait...tho have you read the new one 3.5 which about Levana completely?

      Delete
  3. I have read this one and also loved it! LOVED it! What I liked so much about it was how it took Cinderella the fairytale and turned it into something so unique and different. The characters were amazing. They were realistic, had their flaws but also things we could relate to. The books only get better and the next one introduces my favourite character. So, I hope you like book two and I am looking forward to your review of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I actually own next one but saving it for summer holidays...I read the synopsis tho, the WOLF how cool is that?! I so cannot wait...

      Delete
  4. These were my thoughts exactly! I avoided this series for so long because I'm a bit meh about fairy tales, but it's soooo good! And Scarlet is amazing too! Thanks for stopping by on my blog :)

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete