06 September, 2015

REVIEW: UNRAVEL ME by Tahereh Mafi


Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #2
Genres: YA, Dystopia, Fantasy
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 461

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


I really loved the first book of the Shatter Me trilogy and especially it's ending. It is pointless to say I was more than super excited to read the second installment!



THE WORLD: I actually really love it. The world as we know does not exist anymore. It is post apocalyptic. No nuclear booms went off, just simple climate change. The organization called The Reestablishment took control and all hell broke lose. Whoever says, even looks the wrong way - dead. Whoever is different - dead. However, there is still hope for people who are really slaves for the reestablishment - the people with superpowers. You know X-men? Well that is what I am talking. There is an amount of people who have this energy which they can control - psychokinetics, electricity, invisibility and wait for it...strength that kills by the touch! So we have war in this book. The resistance aka x-men are going to save the world.

CHARACTERS: The main character Juliette is 17 years old and has been considered a monster all her life - she kills by simple touch. Now we also find out that she has a super strength. She can basically cut the earth clear. Now Juliette was really whiny in the first book. She thinks she is a monster and she hates herself, she thinks everything is her fault. I really had hopes that she will change after she figured out she is not the only one with super powers. Well surprise surprise it did not happen. As in first book I was somehow to withstand Juliette and in a way pity her, in book two it was just too much. 95% of this book is Juliette crying about what a monster she is and how she should die and how nobody likes her and blah blah. Sure nobody likes you when you too arrogant even to say hello to people. Get your head out of your ass, girl. So so annoying. I lost all hope for Juliette!


And as it was not enough we also have Adam. I hate hate hate Adam! I know everybody hates Adam but I really hate him! He deserves to be cheated on and dumped! Good job Juliette! Warner on the other hand, alright if Juliette does not end up with Warner I will bury this series!

LOVE: Juliette must be really a world beauty. Everybody who sees her are amazed. So typical. So Adam loves Juliette. Warned loves Juliette. Adam and Warner hate each other. Juliette loves Adam and Warner. Kill me now.

PLUS: The cover is gorgeous! I mean wow!

PLUS II: The Warner and Juliette scenes!
MINUS: The Adam and Juliette scenes!

MINUS II: I hate Castle.

MINUS III: The whole Adam Warner drama is annoying!

MINUS IV: So much potential, such an amazing idea and I end up reading about yet another whiny teenager girl.



EXTRA: My copy of Ignite Me should arrive next week. I better not get disappointed again!


What do you guys think about UNRAVEL ME?





2 comments:

  1. Ooh such a shame that this one couldn't meet the expectations you set. Personally I am a character driven reader so when I don't like the character, I can't enjoy the book. And Juliette doesn't sound like the girl for me! I haven't read this one yet, but the first book is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a complicated thing when it comes to Juliette...but I can understand completely as she is not my favorite either. I am just hopping in the last book which I have started yesterday she is gonna redeem herself :D

      Delete