17 November, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Quotes I Love


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is
Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

Firstly I must admit, I am just terrible when it comes to quotes. I love them but I also do not keep them saved anywhere so about 95% of them I have simply forgotten. Therefore, I was able to come up with only five.

  • “The world is not a wish-granting factory.” - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
  • “That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt” - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
  • “You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real.” - Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay  
  • “You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.” - Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss
  • “Some walks you have to take alone.” - Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

 
Laura's Top Ten

I have the same problem. I simply forget to save quotes but here are some I love apart from the ones HannahCassie wrote which I love also. The quotes are not from books I've read last year but definitely after 2012-2013. Also I should say that there might be spoilers so be careful!

  • “It was hard to imagine feeling that magical tingling sensation in the pit of her belly anytime soon. Best not worry about it, she thought. She didn't need it. Well. She didn't want to need it. Yearning for love made her feel like a cat that was always twining around ankles, meowing Pet me, pet me, look at me, love me. Better to be the cat gazing coolly down from a high wall, its expression inscrutable. The cat that shunned petting, that needed no one. Why couldn't she be that cat? Be that cat!!! she wrote, drawing it into the corner of her page, cool and aloof.” - Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone

  • “He liked the mere act of reading, the magic of turning scratches on a page into words inside his head.” - John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

  • “He was the crazy one who had painted himself black and defeated the world.
    She was the book thief without the words.
    Trust me, though, the words were on their way, and when they arrived, Liesel would hold them in her hands like the clouds, and she would wring them out like rain.” - Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

  • “Headline?” he asked.
     
    “'Swing Set Needs Home,'” I said.
     
    “'Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home,'” he said.
     
    “'Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'” I said.” - John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

  • “Aleksander,” I whispered. A boy's name, given up. Almost forgotten. [...]
     
    “Aleksander.” His eyes fluttered shut. “Don't let me be alone,” he murmured. And then he was gone.” - Leigh Bardugo, Ruin and Rising

  • “There are moments that you'll remember for the rest of your life and there are moments that you think you'll remember for the rest of your life, and it's not often they turn out to be the same moment.” - Maggie Stiefvater, The Scorpio Races

  • “Get up, Shahrzad al-Khayzuran. You kneel before no one. Least of all me.” - Renee Adhieh, The Wrath and the Dawn

  • “They were infinite. They were the beginning and the ending; they were eternity. The king standing before them gaped as the shield of flame died out to reveal Aelin and Dorian, hand in hand, glowing like newborn gods as their magic entwined.” - Sarah J. Maas, Queen of Shadows

  • “Every form of art is another way of seeing the world. Another perspective, another window. And science –that's the most spectacular window of all. You can see the entire universe from there.” - Claudia Gray, A Thousand Pieces of You

  • “Never be afraid to be a poppy in a field of daffodils.” - Michaela DePrince, Taking Flight