12 January, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is
 
Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

Okay let's see what have I missed in 2015?

  • The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
It was such a hyped book, I was really planning to read it when it came out but somehow it got shuffled under other books.
 
  • The Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen
Okay so my excuse it that I did not know if I am going to like this book. But now that I own it I am super excited!
 
  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Yet another book I own and I have not read :(

  • The Witch Hunter by Virginia Baecker
I remember how much I was excited to get this book. So I did. But never read it.
 
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
With this book I just cannot decide if I want a hardcover or not so I still don't own it and well...haven't read it.

  • An Ember in the Ashes by Tahir Sabaa
Okay so sometimes I get it in my head that I just won't like the book no matter what people say. That is the case here. I know that really I am probably going to love this book but then that thing in my head...just hrrrr.
 
  • Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
I was pretty sure I won't like this book, it had really bad reviews. But then Laura loved it and now I am confused.


 
Laura's Top Ten

Uh, let's see... apart from Illuminae, The Orphan Queen, and The Queen of the Tearling which I also want to read and totally missed them I also missed:

  • All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
I heard it's a cute book. I meant to get it but somehow forgot about it oops.

  • I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
    Malala is amazing and I have to read her book. I was waiting for a good version in Spanish but it's taking a while...

  • Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
Another contemporary YA I've heard great reviews about!

  • The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
I want to read this series! I should start them this year for sure specially since the last one will be out soon.

  • Winter by Marissa Meyer
I'll read Cress soon so I will finally read Winter as well in a few months probably.

  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
UGH I GOTTA READ IT!

  • Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
I enjoyed Snow Like Ashes and I wanted to read this one as well. For 2016 then!

  • Mosquitoland by David Arnold
And yet another contemporary YA... quite a busy year for these type of books.

  • Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
Omg, the cover. Omg, the first book. Omg, I must own it!

  • The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
I finished Percy Jackson series and I'm curious about this one hehe