26 January, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favorite Characters


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is

Top Ten Favorite Characters

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

It is kinda hard to pin it down to ten really but I will try my best! AND in no particular order.

  • Kira from Partials by Dan Wells
The thing that Kira is a genius scientist for me was above all. I study science myself and in a direction of what she was doing in the book so yeah...I think it says it all.
 
  • Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Rose was the first female character who really stood out for me and stayed in my memory for these many years. She has her own mind and she always stands up for that. I love her to bits.
 
  • Manon from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Do I really need to comment on this? We all know it so let me just say it...MANON MANON MANON FOREVER!

  • Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
I am re-reading HP at the moment and I cannot believe how I would be exactly same as her in her situation. I adore her.
 
  • Claire from Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
My little guilty pleasure series, I think I read it mainly because of Claire. She is just so cute you just want to put her in your pocket and carry around.

  • Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I love this man from the moment he was introduced. I think what Tahereh Mafi did was brilliant. Ah Warner, why don't you come more often into my dreams?
 
  • Sookie from True Blood by Charlaine Harris
This woman is just brilliant. I love Sookie so much I might end up re-reading the whole series for her. Go Sookie!

  • Aragon from Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
Yeah so you know how all the early years of teenagers spend gazing at singers and actors? Well for me it was Aragon, my first big fictional crush.

  • Jon Snow from Game of Thrones by George R. Martin
I think with every book you find yourself loving a different character. I have loved many but I never even liked Jon Snow till Dance with Dragons, now he is my absolute favorite.

 
Laura's Top Ten

Oh good lord, this is so hard... mainly because I have several favorite characters PER book... so in no particular order:

  • Hermione Granger from Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
She was my role model growing up (both book and movie Hermione) so I basically owe her half my personality.

  • The Darkling from Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
    *swoons* He was the best villain and the sexiest ever. I'm not over it yet.

  • Dorian Havilliard from Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
My cinnamon roll. The one true king. The sole reason why I continue with the (now awful and ruined) series.

  • Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
*cries* *cries* *cries forever*

  • Hazel Grace Lancaster from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I really liked her personality and how she handled the whole being sick thing.

  • Matilda Wormwood from Matilda by Roald Dahl
My other role model growing up. Actually my role model before Hermione Granger so I also owe her part of my personality.

  • Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Yas! Izzy Sasswood! I really liked her although I must admit in the first book I thought she was shallow but oh I was so wrong!

  • Alec Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
The other Sasswood. He grew on me so much in the last 3 books omg in the last book he was my favorite.

  • Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
*cries* *cries* *cries forever and ever*

  • Harry Potter from Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
The main character. The most important. And nobody pays him attention... poor Harry. I loved him growing up and I still love him. Go Harry!

Honorable Mention:
  • Shahrzad al-Khayzuran from The Wrath and the Dawn duology by Renee Ahdieh
She is such a badass and intelligent but open minded. I love her.