20 July, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Today we are waiting for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling!

More witches! and wizards! In fact our favorite wizard, Harry Potter, is back :D
Technically this is not a novel, it's just the script of the play that's going to be published.

Publication date: July 31st, 2016
Publisher: Little Brown UK

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne, is the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. It will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on 30th July 2016

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband, and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes darkness comes from unexpected places.

Oh, buckle up my friends because there is SO MUCH controversy surrounding this play! There is controversy with the casting, which I'm not going to discuss because people are never perfectly happy with castings and meh I don't care, but there is also controversy with the story itself! There have been rumors and "spoilers" (not confirmed I think) around the Internet saying that the story seems to be a crappy fanfic anyone familiar with My Immortal? instead of the awesome books J. K. has accustomed us to...

I am personally excited and so very afraid of this because it could ruin the whole thing if it's really that bad and I like my high opinion of HP books so I am very afraid of reading this... I will end up reading it anyway though, I know myself.

Also... IT'S RELEASED ON MY BIRTHDAY! (and J. K.'s / HP's birthday too)



Are you excited about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child?