23 August, 2016

REVIEW: NEVER, NEVER PART II by Colleen Hoover

Title: Never, Never Part II
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series: Never, Never #2
Genres: YA, NA, Romance
Publisher: Hoover Ink
Source: ebook
Pages: 158

// Add to GoodReads //

BLURB: 
“Never forget that I was your first real kiss. Never forget that you’ll be my last.
And never stop loving me between all of them.
Never stop, Charlie.
Never forget.”

Silas races against time as more truths unravel, while others twist tighter together. And now, the stakes are higher as Silas’ control slips and others begin to point fingers. Charlie is in trouble and he must be the one to bridge the chasm between their past and their present. Because somewhere between I love yous and Never Nevers and Never Agains, a truth they can't imagine, beckons to be found.

“Where are you, Charlie?”

 
I have read the first book in this short series back in Spring when I was suffering from the reading slump and it turned out it was a good idea. Now, this time I did not pick up another book in the series because of the reading slump but mainly because I have a goal of finishing the series I have started.


 
THE WORLD: I really want to say it is just like we know it but at this point I am not sure. There might be magic involved in this book, it is just so mysterious that I actually have no idea.

CHARACTERS: There are two main characters in this book: Charlie and Silas. Every chapter is actually titled with their names and it determined who's POV you are reading, I think in this book it works really well. Okay so as the cover suggests Silas is more of a center in this book. He is just as before really: funny, romantic, confident and just a very likable guy. He also loves Charlie very much. It is kinda hard to talk about the character without spoiling the end of the first book so you just gonna have to believe me that he is somebody you will like. I really cannot image a reader who would say ewww nah Silas is meh. Charlie as I already mentioned does not play much in this book, we rather get so see her from Silas POV more than in her own chapters. If you remember I did not like her much back in the first book and that did not change now either. She is just reckless acting out teenager, something I cannot stomach. Additionally, we get to know better also Landon - Silas brother. Oh boy oh boy for some reason I think Landon is really handsome. He is also a really loyal brother which I just loved. Jup, Landon is truly a golden extra to this book.

LOVE: Silas and Charlie are in love. Actually I think this comes from Colleen Hoover part because she always manages to create this crazy in love couple that normally would make you puke but nope not in her book. For some reason in her books you just love the couple. No idea how she does it but Colleen Hoover is a genius.

PLUS: The first book felt like contemporary with mystery elements but in this book things really start to take off and oh my it was crazy. This book is advertised as YA contemporary but at this point I would call it a thriller!

MINUS: Why do they have to be this short?

OVERALL: I already have the third and final book of the series open on my Kindle. Jup, going to finish the series right after I am done with this review. It is that good!

 


What did you think of NEVER, NEVER PART II?