19 October, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. Today we are waiting for Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia!

Say hello to a new vampire urban fantasy novel!


Publication date: October 25th, 2016
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books

Welcome to Mexico City… An Oasis In A Sea Of Vampires…

Domingo, a lonely garbage-collecting street kid, is busy eking out a living when a jaded vampire on the run swoops into his life.

Atl, the descendant of Aztec blood drinkers, must feast on the young to survive and Domingo looks especially tasty. Smart, beautiful, and dangerous, Atl needs to escape to South America, far from the rival narco-vampire clan pursuing her. Domingo is smitten.

Her plan doesn’t include developing any real attachment to Domingo. Hell, the only living creature she loves is her trusty Doberman. Little by little, Atl finds herself warming up to the scrappy young man and his effervescent charm.

And then there’s Ana, a cop who suddenly finds herself following a trail of corpses and winds up smack in the middle of vampire gang rivalries.

Vampires, humans, cops, and gangsters collide in the dark streets of Mexico City. Do Atl and Domingo even stand a chance of making it out alive?

Silvia’s debut novel, Signal to Noise, has been selected as a finalist for the British Fantasy, Locus, Aurora and Solaris awards, and was named on seven year’s best lists in 2015: B&N’s Sci-Fi & Fantasy Blog, RT, BookRiot, Buzzfeed, io9, Vice, and Tor.com. She has also been nominated for a World Fantasy Award for her work on the anthology She Walks in Shadows.

I have to say I am not familiar with the author but I stumbled upon this book on Goodreads and I thought it could be a good book to look into since a) I'm not familiar with urban fantasy and b) I was soooooo done with vampires ever since Twilight... ugh I don't wanna see them ever again! But I should try again right? Also the vampires in this book seem to be somewhat different as they're descendants of the Aztec blood drinkers. I don't know but the blurb made me curious.

Did it catch your eye too? Or are you done with vampires too (like me)?

DO YOU LIKE THE COVER? I THINK IT'S SUPER COOL!


Are you excited about Certain Dark Things?