29 November, 2016

REVIEW: RISE OF EMPIRE by Michael J. Sullivan

Title: Rise of Empire
Author: Michael J. Sullivan
Series: The Riyria Revelations #3-4
Genres: High Fantasy, Adventure
Publisher: Orbit
Source: Library physical book
Pages: 786


// Add to GoodReads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB:
A PUPPET IS CROWNED. THE TRUE HEIR REMAINS HIDDEN. A ROGUE'S SECRET COULD CHANGE EVERYTHING.

War has come to Melengar and once more Royce and Hadrian are hired to make a desperate gamble and form an alliance with the Nationalists whom are fighting the Imperialists in the south. As the power of the Nyphron Empire grows, so does Royce's suspicion that the wizard Esrahaddon is using the thieves as pawns in his own grab for power. To find the truth, he must unravel the secret of Hadrian's past--what he discovers may end their friendship and break Riyria in two.

 
Of we go back to Hadriana dn Royce! My two favourite high fantasy characters!


 
First of all, this book is actually a bind up of two books Nyphron Rising & The Emerald Storm.

THE WORLD: So back to high fantasy and back to the world of magic and magical creatures. No actually this time it was pretty human if I must say, no magical beats flying around. But it did keep its usual charm of wizards, thieves and what not. 

CHARACTERS: Okay so first of all who does not love Hadrian and Royce? Also Arista? Seriously I am usually very in dislike of female characters in high fantasy but damn I love Arista so so much! Michael J. Sullivan writes truly amazing characters! Anyways as it is a second binding of books three and four I am not sure what I should tell you when it comes to the characters. Mainly in this book we get to know Hadrian way more, we travel to his village and meet all the people there. We also get to know Royce better, his sweet and romantic side. And of course Arista, she is fully here in this book and damn...have I already told you how much I love her? lol Oh and we get introduced to Amelia who is also very lovely but if I tell you more I will be spoiling.

LOVE: As always, no true romance here. Well actually no that is a lie. There is romance from Arista part and me was glowing while reading it. Things happen the way I want them to happen and then develop just the perfect way and just damn just damn

PLUS: There was a lot of action in this book. Like a lot! And we also got to know main characters more so that just makes you love them even more! Ah, all is good!

MINUS: I am slowly getting the fear of this series ending. I have only two more books! Noon

OVERALL: Loving the series, def my favourite high fantasy I have read, and no we do not count LOTR here.


 


What did you think of RISE OF EMPIRE?