04 February, 2017

Saturday Tag



Happy Saturday friends! It's yet another Saturday and we are meeting for yet another fun and cool Saturday tag!

Today I am joined by HannahCassie and together we will complete this fun tag:

CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

This fun tag was originally created by Katytastic and you can find the original video right here (video)

 So today, HannahCassie and I will explore the dark corners of the underworld and shadow world and select our favorite creatures that live in the night! 


Martyna's Creatures
I have to admit I have not read many books with supernatural creatures in it, but I will do my very best to complete this tag!

1. Vampire


Stefan Salvatore is my vampire choice. I have to admit I do love the Twilight books, and I haven't read any of Anne Rice chronicles (yet), so The Vampire Diaries is the way to go for me. Simply because I enjoyed the four first books so so so much and I really did like Stefan in them. I like the torment he feels, the remorse and want to redeem himself. He is an interesting character. 

If I had to chose a vampire from movies or TV it would be either Victor from the Underworld franchise or Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

2. Werewolf 





Luke Garroway from The Mortal Instruments. I actually would love to read some more books about werewolves because this was a rather difficult pick! But I always liked Luke, I didn't finish the entire Mortal Instruments series but I am in the middle of the second book so, so far I like him a lot and I liked him in the first one as well


3. Zombie 


R from Warm Bodies. Again I only finished couple of chapters and then kind of just dropped the book, but I enjoyed it and I should really finish it because it was an amusing read. But I liked R, even thought he was a zombie he really was funny and had very interesting view to the situation he found himself in.

4. Ghost


Laurel from The Drowning of Artur Braxton. I loved this book immensely and Laurel was one of my favorite characters in it. Her life was so hard and horrible and she ended up stuck between this world and the after world and did pretty awful stuff, but nonetheless I found her very relatable.

 5. Witch/Warlock/Spellcaster



Lena Ducane from Beautiful Creatures. I am currently audiobooking this book and I rather like Lena. She's snarky and witty and I am into that!

  6. Fairy/Fae 

Unfortunately nothing comes to mind. Any suggestions? :)

7. Demon 


Woland from The Master and Margarita. Aka Satan himself, that comes to Moscow and causes havoc. He was such a funny and mysterious  character to read. A true trickster.

8. Angel 


Daniel Grigori from Fallen. Not the best pick since I really didn't enjoy the book, but he was the first one to come to mind and I didn't have a lot of problems with his character. Still hoping the movie will be some what okay.

9. Alien 

The Alien from Dreamcather by Stephen King, is the only alien that comes to mind. I really recommend reading the book it's not his best but I did really enjoy it.

10. Superpowered human


Carrie White from Carrie. I grew up with Stephen King books and Carrie is my favorite novel of his. I could easily relate to Carrie growing up, and I have to admit having blood spilled on me at an event was always my pet-peeve!



HannahCassie's Creatures

Okay let me just tell you that this a hard tag. I realized while writing it that I am not very diverse when it comes to creatures of the night or well in general anything that is not human. Also the covers correspond to first books of the series, it does not mean it's the book in which I felt in love with the character :)

1. Vampire

   

Hmm frankly if you asked me 5 years ago I would have gladly given you a list of my favorite vampires but as of last few years I don't really have a favorite vampire. But for the sake of good old times I guess Marius de Romanus, Eric Northman, Dimitri Belikov, Damon Salvatore and Adrian Ivashkov.


2. Werewolf



Alcide Herveaux or can I put maybe weretiger here because in that case it would be Quinn from True Blood!


3. Zombie



I do not read books were zombies are good guys, usually they are there just to eat you. So maybe Melanie from The Girl with All the Gifts? But if I can pick bad guys then I would go with Illuminae book zombies, best thing ever!


4. Ghost



Noah Czerny...I don't like Raven Boys but I really loved Noah in the first book. Plus he is about the only ghost I know.


5. Witch/Warlock/Spellcaster

    

Hermione Granger, Magnus Bane and Arista Essendon
Okay can I just put all HP witchery cast? :D 


6. Fairy/Fae



Rhysand
Do I even need to comment on this?


7. Demon



Do monsters count? I mean I don't even know any books about Demons but Monsters tends to be referred to as Demons alot and in that case I would go with August Flynn for sure! But fine if you do need a demon then Roth from The Dark Elements.


8. Angel

Okay I have read few of angel based books but frankly I really hated every single one of them.


9. Alien



Evan Walker pretty much. I actually don't really read books about aliens.


10. Superpowered human

 

Okay so Jane from Shades of Milk and Honey and well of course Sookie Stackhouse from Sookie series.




We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what are your favorite creatures of the night!