15 April, 2017

Saturday Tag




Welcome dear readers, to yet another Saturday Tag, where the fun never stops!

Today I am joined by HannahCassie and together we will complete this fun tag:

THE TOLKIEN TAG

  


Tolkien Tag- Martyna

1. How did your Middle Earth journey begin?

It was my cousin's doing. She and her boyfriend took my brother and me (I was 11, my brother 9) to the Fellowship of the Ring, and we just sat there with our mouths open, speechless about the amazing this experience was. I remember we stayed up half the night just wondering what would happen. Then later on I learned there were books actually and became aware of Tolkien, but I have to admit I didn't open the books until I was in my 20's. I realize it's a masterpiece, that every man, woman, child should read it and I have audiobooked the two firsts ones so many times, but I haven't finished. I am ashamed and in this tag Hannah is the more honest tagger since she read the books, but I believe one day I will read them too! 




2. What is your favorite Middle Earth book?


The Two Towers. I loved this movie best of all, simply because it has the kingdom of Rohan in it, and from what I have audiobooked so far, I also can make a conclusion it would be my most favorite one.

 

3. What is your favorite movie?
 

Once again The Two Towers. I actually saw this movie on my 12th birthday all by myself! My Godparents took me to Vilnius to go to this new shopping center and they wanted all of us to go to this comedy or something, but I asked if I could go to the Two Towers one instead, so they let me and I remember I was sitting there, right before the battle of Rohan began and I was so scared, and excited and on the drive back to my hometown I began to create these scenarios where would I fit in Middle Earth. The best memory!

In general I own so much to this world. It shaped my fiction love and sparked these visions of my own fictional world in my head.

4. Movies or books?
 

Both, but I have to say the battle scenes in the movies are pretty afAFAGwgrwsr amazing!


5. Who are your favorite characters?
 




Legolas - I am so in love with him that I cannot even begin! He has been my guy since forever, and I just love love love him! He got me into archery and I just cannot!



Eowyn - the badass chick in Middle Earth! She is so great, strong and does not take stupid things from anyone! I actually think, all women in these books/movies are increadibly strong! Cause I also love Arwen very much as well!
But in general I like them all, even the villains. Each character is so well thought off, so well developed that I can't pick. But....don't hate me guys, I really do not like Frodo.


6. What Middle Earth race would you be?
 




Human - and I would live in Rohan. I love horses and the kingdom of Rohan just enchanted me. I'd be a wild child with her stallion just ridding in the grasslands and untamed. Wild, free and badass!



Elf - You guys, elves are like royalty to me. I have been called an elf once by so people in the LOTR community on Facebook, and I flipped out! I can only wish I'd be as pretty, as elegant, or self contained as an elf. I love their long hair and the posture they have. Their language and just the mystery surrounding them!

7. Best actor/character casting match?
 

I cannot choose! It's like Sophie's Choice!


8. What is your favorite place in Middle Earth?
 



 Rohan!!!! Horses, warriors! I think I kind of the as the Northern people, and I do consider myself being a Northern person, so Rohan for sure!


Rivendell - Mother Ship is calling me home!


9. What is your favorite quote from the books or movies?

Not All Who Wonder Are Lost - from the poem, it's beautiful.


I want to be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren - Eowyn

 



Tolkien Tag- HannahCassie

1. How did your Middle Earth journey begin?

I was around 14 I think when I picked up the first book in the library. Ever since I have been in love with the books.

 

2. What is your favorite Middle Earth book?

I think Return of The King because I was obsessed with Aragorn or Children of Hurin simple because it really wowed me and I was shocked for a few days after.

 

3. What is your favorite movie?
 

Return of The King, I just loved the battle so so much. 


4. Movies or books?
 

Books tho I must say movies come really close. But there are these appendixes in the books that I really adored.


5. Who are your favorite characters?
 

Aragorn of course, as a teen I was really obsessed with him. Like really. But he is still my favorite today too.


6. What Middle Earth race would you be?
 

Good question- I would like to say human but I think I will go for elf even tho I do not like their politics a lot.


7. Best actor/character casting match?
 

Omg all of them. I could never ever imagine anybody else playing any of the characters.


8. What is your favorite place in Middle Earth?
 

Rivendell and Minas Tirith. First one because I would love to live their and second one because it was just so so beautiful! I actually wrote to publishing company of the movies to send me a photo of Minas Tirith. I did it with Harry Potter before so yeah...I was what 14? Lol


9. What is your favorite quote from the books or movies?

'Queni yar ranyar ullumë vanwë umir.'





We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what would is your Tolkien Tag!