03 March, 2018

REVIEW: CARPE CORPUS by Rachel Caine


Title: Carpe Corpus
Author:  Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires #6
Genres: Paranormal, Vampire, YA
Publisher: Signet
Release: 2009
Source: Paperback/Audiobook
Pages: 241

// Goodreads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB:
In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants-the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?

EXPECTATIONS: This book kinda just continues where we left of in the previous one. 

THE WORLD: Just as in previous books we are in Morganville where vampires live next to humans and are very much aware of each other. Also Bishop is getting really out of hand in this one. 

CHARACTERS: Main characters are Claire, Michael, Shane and Eve. Additionally we have vampires Amelia, Sam, Oliver and Myrnin as well as some significant humans such as Monica and Richard Morrell. I will always love my baby Claire and her development is making me really happy. Same for Shane and Eve. They are my babies. Michael on the other hand is starting to really get on my nerves with his protectiveness. I mean I realize that he is the oldest but he is acting more like a father to Claire by now rather than a friend. I also started to slightly dislike Amelia, I get what she was doing but she could have let Claire know at least in some way...Who I do like a lot is Richard Morrell! 

ROMANCE: As always Eve and Michael but they are like set in stone and then Claire and Share...ahhh these two makes me awwww so much while reading the book :D

GOOD: We finally wrapped up Bishop story. Don't get me wrong it was great but I am excited for next disaster to his Morganville!

BAD: Maybe development of Michael... 

OVERALL: Love the series and highly recommend if you are a fan of vampires that are kinda evelish!

What do you think about CARPE CURPUS?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment